POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1 : Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Dec 2004 05:00:46
Message: <41cfdd4e@news.povray.org>
Hello Neil,

First, please, note that I use the latest official build of Moray, and
export to POV-Ray 3.5 (as version 3.6 is less compatible with Moray). All
that under Windows ME.

I have noted a number of things:

Bugs:
The Browse button does not work here. Everything else works fine J

Comments (in no particular order):
1. I think it worthwhile to mention in the docs that the included object(s)
should be Moray-oriented. This may sound obvious, but I started
unconsciously to build an object in POV-Ray, with POV-Ray orientation,
before I realised that I had to transform it. J .or:
2. Could there be such an option built into the plugin? Selecting that
button would automatically transform the object to Moray space (scale
<1,1,-1> rotate <90,0,0>). This would be useful for already existing objects
normally used in POV-Ray.
3. In order to adjust correctly the corners of the wireframe box, one has to
determine the object's bounding limits. For complex objects, I have been
wondering if this was possible to do automatically? Not in Moray I guess; I
rapidly browsed the POV docs, but could not find anything addressing this.
But I may have missed it.
4. Question: How do you group multiple objects inside the union (page 7,
last line, of the docs)?
5. The plugin is very useful indeed. It is now possible to place or adjust
an external object with far better precision into a Moray scene, and see the
results in the camera window.

That's it for now, I think.

Thomas